Brisbane Freedivers are happy to announce that we are hosting a mini team competition at Sleeman Sports Complex on the 4th and 5th of April. This is an AIDA sanctioned competition.
The purpose of this comp is to have fun with friends and enjoy the team spirit of freediving, and to provide an opportunity to prepare for the upcoming AFA Pool Nationals.
This is a team competition with three athletes in one team. Each athlete will compete in one of the three disciplines - STA, DNF, and DYN. The winning team will be decided by the total points earned by the team members. Places are limited to 6 teams (18 athletes), so if you are interested, start forming your dream team and register early!
There are three disciplines in this competition.
- Static Apnea (STA)
- Dynamic No Fins (DNF)
- Dynamic with Fins (DYN): Athletes competing in this discipline will need to choose between using a monofin (DYN) or bi-fins (DYN-Bi). If you choose to use bi-fins, AIDA competition rules for DYN-Bi subcategory will be applied. Your DYN-Bi result will be added to the DYN-Bi ranking on AIDA International's website.
To enter this competition, you must be:
- 18 years or older, and
- an AFA member, and
- fit to freedive and able to provide a medical certificate, and
- able to bring your passport (or other ID with nationality) to the registration.
How to register:
If you want to compete, follow the steps below.
- Find two friends and form a team. There is no restriction around building a team - it can be all-female or all-male. Then decide who will compete in what discipline.
- Fill in the registration form individually.
- Pay the entry fee individually to the club's bank account. Details will be on the registration form. Your team is not registered until everyone has paid, so make sure your teammates don't forget!
ALL SPOTS ARE FILLED NOW. THANKS FOR REGISTERING!
Saturday, 4 April
8:30 - 8:45 am Registration
8:45 - 9:15 am Briefing
9:45 - 11:00 am STA competition
11:40 - 12:40 pm DNF competition
Sunday, 5 April
9:45 - 10:45 am DYN competition
11:30 am Prize giving
12:30 pm Social lunch and drinks (location TBD)